Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tis the Season

I love fall. I love rain and leaves changing colors. I love cuddling in a blanket drinking tea and reading. I love walks right after a good Portland rain, the air smells sweet. The thing I love most about fall is that it means the holidays are coming! Holidays in my family are full of tradition. Not the traditions of others, but ones that are just ours. Examples: The day after Thanksgiving parade, where me and mom dance until my dad is so embarrassed he walks away. Watching Christmas movies, Holiday Inn always makes Jody mad. I love that on Christmas eve we don't eat a meal, we all just pick our favorite snacks and munch.
Christmas has stockings, southern breakfast, the blessing (my dad does this our fam). We also have gifts, but no names are on them, we each have our own wrapping only to be revealed on Christmas, and only one person can open at a time. As you can imagine the gift portion takes awhile. This is followed by a huge lamb dinner. The thing I love most about the holidays is hanging out with my family. We see eachother all the time, but when it just seems like the Holidays remind you to be thankful for them. Yes, I love the holidays. Awh...fall...

2 comments:

  1. I too love fall. PS I am stealing your thanksgiving day tradition and adding my self to the list of dancers lol and Chris will walk away with your dad.

    ReplyDelete