Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Coffee

Coffee! I love it and I hate it. Coffee is my one true addiction. I need it. At least that is how I live my life. I wake up, I make coffee, I shower, I drink coffee. I mean I love coffee. I will drink it with creamer or without, sweet or not. I just really need my daily coffee. My issue with coffee is that it is a cruel friend. When I neglect coffee it beats me up with a huge head ache. It is down right mean. My solution to this is to never go a day without it.
The problem is I want to be a person who can fast. I had a very hard time fasting and I have been very convicted about this, so I thought what is one huge thing that keeps me from fasting? Coffee. I can't stand having head aches. I don't get them often so I have no tolerance. When I skip meals I often get a little head ache and no coffee to that and my life is basically over. That is why I am breaking up with coffee. We have been best friends for a very long time, but it is time to say goodbye. We can hang out once in awhile, but not daily. You have been lovely, but it must end. And so day number 1 with no coffee begins.

1 comment: