Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Resting

The last few nights I have not been able to fall asleep. I have been going to bed at a normal time and than lying there awake...thinking. I think about my life now and what my life looks like. In the past I have been a worrier, I still am at times, but God is teaching me how to rest in Him.
Yesterday I was lying there reading and God revealed a little nugget if truth to me in a book. In the book The Shulamite's Cry, the author was talking about how David learned to rest in God. Psalm 131:1 says, "Neither do I concern myself with great matters, nor things to profound for me." As I kept reading about resting in God I understood finally what it meant. It meant I could take every dream, desire, and thought before God talk to Him about it and leave it there. I can rest in knowing that He knows me better than I know myself, He knows my needs before I do and He loves to listen to me. He longs for me to trust Him and the more I give Him the more I am free. So as I lay in bed, with thoughts crossing my mind, I have begun to surrender them one by one. Even if it seems small and fleeting God can have it. In Him I have found rest and perfect peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment