Thursday, October 8, 2009

Make Lemonade

I am 26 and single. Yes, it is true. I am not married, not even dating. I have not dated much in my life to be honest. To say that I am thrilled with my single status all the time would be a huge lie. Some days I go home and realize it is just me and cry. There are even times when I ask God "Why?" I see others getting married and I wonder why I must wait. I go to multi-church events and see girls I went to college with who are married and have kids and I wonder what is wrong with me. Yep, I have pity party's sometimes.
God has placed me in a season of singleness and it is not always fun. It is painful at times, but this is my season. One thing I have learned in the past year is to embrace where I am. I am not married (yet) and I am not dating (yet), but I am NOT alone either. Being single has given me a chance to know God on a level few do, He has become the companion I share life with. I tell Him everything, because majority of the time its just us.
I have come to realize that it is best to not question the season, but live in the season and find the good in the season. We all face seasons in life that we do not understand, or even want. He allows us to go through tough times, so that we will grow and learn to draw to Him. If we can embrace Him in the hard times, than we will rejoice with Him in seasons of joy.
Yes, I am 26 and single, but I am growing in God and I am thankful for all He has done in me during this time. What season are you in? Is the season defining you or is God?

1 comment: