Saturday, April 3, 2010

Silent

In life people can say some pretty rude things. I have been on the receiving end a some intense rumors and I always want to defend myself. When I hear anything that is untrue or remotely insulting I want to jump up and say "That is not me!" Is that the right reaction though? Lately I have been faced with the challenge of being silent. Thinking back on what Christ did for us one thing is very clear, He did not defend His name. He was confident in what the Father had for Him and He knew it was only the Father that could defend Him.
I want to be like Christ. I want to rest in the knowledge of God as my defender. I want to let truth reign and not focus on the negative. I want to be a person of reliance on God. I want to wake up and know that no matter what anyone says my identity is sealed, my future is bright, and I am His. So say what you will about me, I know who I am. I know the truth and that really is what sets me free.

No comments:

Post a Comment