Sunday, June 27, 2010

Run

After months of collecting dust I threw on my running shoes and ran yesterday. I ran off the stress I was feeling. I ran off the hurt and pain that was so heavy on my heart. I ran until I could be honest with God about my brokenness. I ran until I could not longer breathe. I left my IPOD and cell phone behind so that I could hear if God decided to speak. What I found on my run was peace.
The truth is life is a very messy business and it comes with grief and pain. It is far from being easy and some days are more difficult than others. Yet, when we know the Lord we should be living in peace. This doesn't mean the pain is gone or any less real, it means that you trust Him to carry it. I am so thankful that I am not alone and that He is always with me. He is my rock and my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment