Thursday, December 3, 2009

TIME WASTER

I have been back to work for almost a week and I am battling the "time waste". What do I mean? Well, to be honest nannying is one of two things all the time. It is a totally easy with nothing to do or it is the most stressful situation in the world and makes you cry. This week is an easy one. I am thankful for that, but it makes it very easy to waste time. You see when the children nap I am left with little or nothing to do. This leaves me with a few options. 1. Watch TV 2. Stare into nothingness 3. Go online 4. read 5. spend time with God and read the bible..... Even though I want to say I always choose 4 or 5 I do not... I waste my time doing nothing... I cannot stand it!! Why is it that I do not take advantage of every moment??? I mean sure I am doing WAY better than before Missouri. If you read my last blog you can see that, but I still waste so much time.
The truth of the matter is old habits sneak up on you quickly. In Missouri TV was not an option, Internet froze all the time, and I had a prayer room down the street, but at home it is different. Yet, I know that God is my first love and choosing Him is what my heart longs for. In the end we all have a choice do we allow the old habits to take control or do we fight through the "time waste" and overcome them? I choose to overcome. I will not slip back into my old ways, because I see now what I have missed out on and I choose HIM. I encourage you battle through the time waste, it is always worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment