Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Baking Gone Wrong

Yesterday I was with my sister and I wanted to bake brownies. I love to bake, especially when it is for other people. On this occasion I was baking for my brother in laws birthday. I knew that I would not have money to get him something so I thought what better than to bake his favorite treat. So after a very long and trying day I went to my sister's to unwind and bake. At least I thought that is what I was going to do. I melted the chocolate, mixed the ingredients, spread it in the pan and put it in the oven... Nothing weird. Well, in the middle of watching Jon and Kate Plus 8, I decide to go check and see how things are going. I open the oven expecting to see my beautiful brownies made for scratch... NOPE! It was a brownie explosion of doom! They were dripping out of the pan and it was so nasty. After the nasty looking things came out of the oven, Jenn and I decided we should clean... Bad plan... We turned on the self cleaning oven on and the house filled with smoke. I am serious here! It was horrible. I am not baking brownies ever again... or at least not until the next birthday.

1 comment:

  1. They were still yummy, and he did eat the whole pan single handedly.