Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Year Ago Today

A year ago today I began my journey to Kansas City. I left Portland at 10pm with my friend Maria. We have known each other since HS. Everything about our childhood is different. Yet, after a trip to Walla Walla for Thanksgiving we became true friends. We were roommates for 6years including a season of sharing a room at my parents house. We went through more ups and downs together than you can even fathom. The months prior to the drive to K.C. things were difficult, but I had hope.
Days of driving, cheap hotels, PB and J, and talking could not have been more enjoyed by two people. It was as though everything was as is should be. I knew she was still in a tough place, but I knew she was being honest and that is what mattered. We were back to our friend/sister place and I loved it. When she left KC I sobbed, but I knew it was time for us to grown on our own.
This last year our paths have become very different. Our relationship seemingly broken. The only thing that remains is the love that God has placed in my heart for her. Through that love I believe and hope that one day things will be different. I know who she can be and I cling to that truth.
"Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up...bears all things believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails..." 1 Corithians 13

2 comments: